For eight days of sheer wonder and marvel, We the People and Friends of the Caribbean gathered under the auspices of the
Common Sense Convois in communities throughout Trinidad and Tobago in the shared cause of a united and powerful Caribbean.
From the opening concert, “Re-awakening the Caribbean Spirit” right through to the closing Caribbean Family Day of “Love, Pure Common Sense”, a new spirit of hope and Caribbean possibilities pervaded the discussion of critical issues facing the region over the next fifty years.
Our proceedings were guided by the voices of experience and wisdom and the undaunted energy of the youth.
This entire event was made possible through the support and guidance of friends of the Lloyd Best Institute of the West Indies.
Our partners included:
- The Department of Creative and Festival Arts, UWI, St Augustine
- Scherzando Steelband Co-operative
- The Sugar Heritage & Museum Committee and the People of Esperanza Village and environs
- Point Fortin South Western Chamber of Commerce
- The Point Fortin Borough Corporation and People of Point Fortin
- Manatee Conservation Trust and the People of Manzanilla and environs
- Tobago House of Assembly
- Trinity College, Connecticut, USA.
The Premium Sponsor of the Common Sense Convois was NH International (Caribbean) Ltd.
Additional support came from a wide range of individuals, organizations, institutions and corporations with a shared interest in realising the fullest potential of an integrated Caribbean.
The Common Sense Convois has succeeded in strengthening the bonds between us and in laying the basis for the
priority work agenda of the Lloyd Best Institute of the West Indies which will be shared with all in the months ahead.
For your support, solidarity and commitment to the Caribbean cause, and for your respect for the legacy of our founder Lloyd Best, we thank you all.
THE LLOYD BEST INSTITUTE OF THE WEST INDIES
91C Tunapuna Road, Tunapuna, Trinidad and Tobago. 868 663 5463; 868 662 9023